In this course, you’ll learn about what HashiCorp Terraform is and how to set up a development environment with Terraform for Azure. The automation used in this course is infrastructure-as-code, or IaC. IaC allows infrastructure and cloud services to be automated for codified infrastructure deployments.
As a prerequisite for this course, it is recommended that you:
- Download Terraform here.
- Sign up for a free Azure subscription here.
- Have some knowledge of cloud computing in Azure features and services. The AZ-104: Azure Administrator course is highly recommended as a prerequisite for this course.
- If you are looking to gain base knowledge of Azure, check out the AZ-900: Azure Fundamentals Skylines Academy course.
- Have an IT operations background, i.e. Systems Engineers and Systems Administrators or have a development background, i.e. Software Engineers.
The course is set up as follows:
- What is Terraform?
- How is Terraform used in Azure?
- First look at Terraform Code
- Installing Terraform
- Variable Configurations
- Setting up Authentication in Azure for Terraform
- Creating a Storage Account with Terraform
- Creating a Dev Environment in Terraform
Lectures will educate you on the terms and principles of Terraform for Azure and demos will enable you with a hands-on experience using scenarios to empower you in the real world.
Welcome to the Skylines Academy Terraform for Azure: An Introduction course! We’re happy you’re joining us!
- Lecture: What is Terraform? (2:27)
- Lecture: How is Terraform used in Azure? (2:04)
- Demo: First Look at Terraform Code (11:08)
- Demo: Installing Terraform (3:04)
- Demo: Variable Configurations (3:37)
- Demo: Setting up Authentication in Azure for Terraform part 1 (5:09)
- Demo: Setting up Authentication in Azure for Terraform part 2 (2:56)
- Demo: Creating a Storage Acount with Terraform (8:57)
- Demo: Creating a Dev Environment in Terraform (21:25)
- Please take our 1-minute survey and tell us how we did!
Skylines Academy Membership
Gain access to ALL Microsoft Azure, M365, Hashicorp, and Google training courses for a monthly or annual fee. Signup for a 7 day trial today!
HashiCorp Vault: Secret Management and Data Protection
Learn how to manage secrets and protect data with HashiCorp Vault and obtain the new HashiCorp Certified: Vault Associate Certification!
Michael Levan is a tech enthusiast and engineer at heart. He is the Chief Engineer and Principal DevOps Consultant at CloudDev.Engineering LLC.
Michael focuses his time on 50% content (blogs, videos, video courses, podcasts, etc.) and 50% consulting. Topics include Azure DevOps, PowerShell, Python, AWS, Infrastructure-as-code, containerization, and many more. He Is utterly fascinated with DevOps and Cloud Engineering. Michael simply can't get enough of all of the cool, new, and exciting technology that's out there.
When he’s not working, he loves spending time with his son and checking out new breweries.
Enroll in a Membership
gain access to all Skylines Academy courses and practice questions