Azure Resource Consistency Playbook
Your hands-on best practice guide to Resource Consistency in Microsoft Azure!
As your Azure environment grows, resource consistency becomes key to ensuring long term management, cost controls, and security. In this playbook, we will discuss some of the key elements of resource consistency:
- Business Risks: Defining resource consistency business risks
- Policy Statements: Once you understand the risks, define policy statements to ensure business risks are not a threat.
- Setting Standards: With policy statements in place, you need to be more specific in terms of “how” to meet those standards.
- Enforcement: How to enforce resource consistency standards you have defined.
- Automation: What are some of the automation techniques that you can use to ensure the environment remains consistent?
The intent of this playbook is to provide you with the knowledge necessary to understand why the above elements of identity are so important and how to employ them in your own environment. Within this Skylines Academy Resource Consistency Playbook, you will find the following documents:
- Guide: Risks, Standards, & Azure Policy
- Business Risks and Policies Spreadsheet
- Azure Object Naming Spreadsheet
- Azure Tagging Standards Spreadsheet
In addition to the guide and operational artifacts, you will find a knowledge base of videos that you can refer to. These videos cover Azure resource topics and will help to reinforce your knowledge.
The Skylines Academy Team consists of a passionate team of technologists who believe is educating, enabling, and empowering students.