Welcome to Skylines Academy, your go-to-place to learn all about the benefits and services of Kubernetes on Azure!
This course is for you if you:
- Want to gain knowledge of Kubernetes on Azure
- Are looking to expand your Kubernetes knowledge
- Have some experience with Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Containerization, and/or Orchestration and want to continue on your journey
- Want to develop a skillset in Kubernetes, which is becoming more and more sought after as organizations are seeking ways to innovate
Here’s the scenario: You have an application you would like to deploy and test and in order to do so, you must create supporting infrastructure e.g., deploy virtual machines (VMs), manage networking, allow permissions to infrastructure, and identify components required to deploy the application. Those are a lot of prerequisites for deploying and testing an app!
But what if you could easily deploy an application and scale it out as much as possible without the need to manage the underlying infrastructure?
In this Skylines Academy course, you’ll learn all about how to do just that with an orchestration platform called Kubernetes, specifically, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
Skylines Academy Author and Instructor, Michael Levan, will lead your through:
- An introduction to Kubernetes
- Deploying Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Deploying Applications
- Monitoring AKS
- Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CICD) and AKS
Using the Skylines Academy approach, lectures will educate you on the fundamental terms and principles of Kubernetes on Azure, and demos will enable you with a hands-on experience using scenarios to empower you in the real world.
So why take this Kubernetes on Azure course from Skylines Academy?
Our students love us and so does our community (and we love them too!); according to student reviews, Skylines Academy courses have an overall 4.77 rating across all courses!
- Lecture: What is Kubernetes and Why Should You Use It? (6:02)
- Lecture: Master Nodes and Worker Nodes (3:35)
- Lecture: Kubernetes Pods and Deployments (3:30)
- Demo: Getting Started with Kubernetes and Minikube (5:59)
- Demo: First Look at Kubeconfig (2:45)
- Demo: First Look at Kubernetes Manifests (3:11)
- Demo: Deploy a Kubernetes Manifest (4:09)
- Lecture: Self-deployed (Raw) Kubernetes vs. Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) (3:10)
- Demo: Deploy a Kubernetes Cluster Through the Portal (6:35)
- Demo: Automate AKS Cluster Creation with Terraform (7:39)
- Demo: Access AKS Cluster (1:51)
- Demo: Manage Cluster with Visual Studio Code (2:15)
- Demo: Scale up Cluster (2:54)
- Lecture: AKS Best Practices (2:42)
- Lecture: Where are Docker Images Stored to be Used for Deployment? (1:53)
- Demo: Creating an Azure Container Registry (ACR) to Store a Docker Image (4:51)
- Demo: Creating a Kubernetes Manifest from Scratch (4:31)
- Demo: Creating a Kubernetes Manifest with a K8s Service (2:06)
- Demo: Deploying an Application from the Terminal (1:52)
- Demo: Accessing a Deployed Application (2:50)
- Demo: Accessing a Deployed Application from a Web Browser (0:49)
- Demo: Defining a Kubernetes Manifest for CICD (4:32)
- Demo: Creating a GitHub Account and Action (4:07)
- Demo: Creating and Deploying a Pipeline in GitHub Actions (7:00)
- Demo: Create an Azure DevOps Organization and Project (1:52)
- Demo: Creating a Kubernetes Service Connection (1:54)
- Demo: Create and Deploy a Pipeline (3:01)
- Please take our 1-minute survey and tell us how we did!
Student Reviews for Skylines Academy:
“The Skylines Academy Team clearly works hard to put together the best of the best in certification courses and content so people can not only pass exams, but really learn!”
“It is so refreshing to see a team who not only knows their stuff, but can help people learn about Azure without breaking the bank.”
“I was taking courses with [larger cloud education company name] but I found that their material really fell short, as opposed to Skylines Academy who has Authors and Content Creators who actually work in the industry and have delivered solutions to customers. You can tell when taking the courses and reading through material that they have actually had their hands on a keyboard and have been in our [the students’] shoes. They are the best cloud training company out there.”
- You’ll need to spin up a free Azure account for a more hands-on experience
- Knowledge of Kubernetes (beginner to intermediate level) and Azure (Intermediate to advanced)
- Have an intermediate knowledge of Azure
- Drive to learn about Kubernetes services!
Welcome to the Skylines Academy Kubernetes on Azure course - We’re happy you’re joining us!
Enroll in a Membership
gain access to all Skylines Academy courses and practice questions