The HashiCorp Vault Advanced course will familiarize students with more advanced topics of HashiCorp Vault with both lectures and lab demonstrations. Go beyond just “getting started” and explore the real power of using Vault in your environment.
The course will include up-to-date topics such as Vault Replication, the PKI secrets engine, Consul ACLs for Vault, HashiCorp Sentinel for Vault, Namespaces, and other topics that are frequently seen in organizations using Vault today. Recorded and published in 2020, all the information is new and up to date.
As a prerequisite for this course, it is recommended that you:
- Have a foundational understanding of HashiCorp Vault. The HashiCorp Vault: Secret Management and Data Protection course is highly recommended as a prerequisite for this course.
- Have an IT operations background, i.e. Systems Engineers and Systems Administrators.
In this course, you will learn about:
- HashiCorp Vault Replication
- Vault PKI Secrets Engine
- Consul ACLs for Vault
- HashiCorp Sentinel for Vault
- HashiCorp Vault Namespaces
- Vault Security Hardening
Lectures will educate you on the terms and principles of HashiCorp Vault and demos will enable you with a hands-on experience using scenarios to empower you in the real world.
Welcome to the Skylines Academy HashiCorp Vault: Advanced course! We’re happy you’re joining us!
- Section 2 Overview (1:32)
- Setting the Stage (3:26)
- Replication Architecture (3:37)
- Network Ports for Replication (0:59)
- Vault Secondary Token (1:56)
- How Vault Replication Works (4:24)
- Configuring Vault Replication (2:58)
- Monitoring Replication (1:20)
- Demo Preview: Vault Replication (0:59)
- Demo and Lab Environment: Vault Replication (11:00)
- Section 3 Overview (1:28)
- Identifying the Problem with Certs (5:28)
- Intro to the PKI Secrets Engine (4:08)
- PKI Secrets Engine Examples (2:39)
- Configuring the PKI Secrets Engine (1:06)
- Vault Policies for PKI Secrets Engine (1:27)
- Demo Preview: PKI Secrets Engine (0:15)
- Demo and Lab Environment: PKI Secrets Engine (15:31)
- Section 4 Overview (1:00)
- What are Consul ACLs? (1:36)
- Why does Vault need Consul ACLs? (0:56)
- Steps Required for Consul ACL Deployment (3:22)
- Consul ACL Policies for Vault Deployment (1:32)
- Defining Consul ACL Policies (2:10)
- Updating Configurations with ACL Token (2:31)
- Things to Keep in Mind (1:23)
- Demo Preview: Consul ACLs Lab (0:37)
- Demo and Lab Environment: Consul ACLs (16:00)
Skylines Academy Membership
Gain access to ALL Microsoft Azure, M365, Hashicorp, and Google training courses for a monthly or annual fee. Signup for a 7 day trial today!
HashiCorp Vault Practice Questions
Solidify your knowledge before taking the HashiCorp Vault Associate Certification Exam!
As a senior solutions architect at AHEAD, Bryan helps enterprises successfully adopt public cloud and enable automation of processes for the deployment and security of applications. Specializing in AWS, Bryan has designed and implemented cloud infrastructure for many businesses, including several Fortune 500 companies. Bryan holds (9) AWS certifications along with Advanced HashiCorp partner certifications for both Consul and Vault.
Enroll in a Membership
gain access to all Skylines Academy courses and practice questions